- A new Board was appointed, revisions to the Constitution were proposed and adopted pending an Annual General Meeting toratify them.
- A new committee was appointed to pull together a Conference in Vancouver in 2008.
- A Web Site was proposed and new life was given to our organization with a proposal to have a blended membership for bothNAAD and AADC.
- The Conference planning committee worked for two years on the 2008 conference and other committees worked on other items on our priority list.
- The conference was held, very successfully, in Vancouver, where a new constitution was presented and ratified, and a new executive elected.
- The Web Site infrastructure was presented and accepted and here is the beginning of that Web Site which will be expanded over the coming year of 2010.
- The new Board came away with a renewed energy to begin looking at national compentencies for Education, formation and training for Deacons, a commission to write a conference planning book, and to begin conversations about advocacy for and about Deacons at aNational level.
- November 2009, the Board met in Winnipeg, held a very successful visioning forum for the Association and to receive a discussion paper regarding Diaconal competencies.
- December 2009, that discussion paper regarding Diaconal competencies was presented to our Primate.
- In August of 2011, we held another very successful National Conference in London, Ontario. A new Board of Directors was elected and the discussion paper about the Diaconal competencies was presented to the membership.
We will be adding to our history as events and other work by the Board and its committees come to fruition. Stay tuned!
WebSite design and implementation thanks to The Venerable Archdeacon C. Ross
Last updated: 7 July 2016